Policy for Certified Prison Proctors
An NationsUniversity® Certified Prison Proctor is required to administer exams to incarcerated students. A certified proctor is someone who has agreed to uphold a standard or code of ethics and has been approved by NU.
Who can become a NationsUniversity Certified Prison Proctor? Professionals who are government officials, military personnel, public, college or prison librarians, prison educational department employees, human resource personnel, guidance counselors, lawyers, teachers, and clergy will be considered. Roommates, fellow students, friends, spouse, or other family members are not candidates for proctors.
The NU Director of Prisons shall provide assistance to prospective students by coordinating with prison officials to identify and certify a suitable proctor.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STUDENT
1. Arrange with the proctor a mutually agreeable date, time, and location for the exam.
2. Read and sign the NU Enrollment Agreement.
3. Refrain from discussing the contents of the exam with anyone while taking the exam and after completing it.
4. Make no copies of the exam at any time by printing or photocopying.
5. Understand that students who do not comply with these policies face expulsion.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRISON PROCTOR
1. Read the information on this page and complete the application; then wait for approval.
2. You will receive a username and password by e-mail. You will also receive further instructions from the Registrar.
3. In consultation with the student, request the appropriate exam from email@example.com.
4. Return the completed exam along with verification form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Make no copies of the exam and do not share the exam with any other person.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF NU STAFF
1. Verify that student is eligible for proctored exam, and then e-mail the exam and instructions are to the proctor.
2. Receive, grade, and record the results of the exams,
PAYMENT OF FEES
For incarcerated U.S. students, comprehensive exams are not to be scheduled until the Registration fee has been paid.