Proctored Comprehensive Exams for Internet Students
Responsibilities of the Student
1. Identify a suitable proctor about one month prior to taking the first PCE.
Responsibilities of the Proctor
1. Read the information under the Proctor page and complete the application; then wait for approval.
2. You will receive a username and password by e-mail. You will also receive further instructions from the Registrar.
3. When the student's PCE is scheduled, ask your student to contact his/her Advisor, who will verify that the student is qualified to take the PCE and issue the proctor an enrollment key for gaining access to the password which will open the PCE.
4. Go to www.nationsu.net and login. Click on Certified Proctors Only, enter the Enrollment key, then say "yes" to enroll in the course.
5. Retrieve the password for the specific PCE your student wishes to take. Passwords will be changed frequently. Do not retrieve passwords in advance of the arranged time to meet your student for the exam. Do not retrieve all passwords at the same time. Never give the student the exam password.
6. Log out. After the student logs in with his student code and opens the exam, you will enter the password so that the exam can begin.
7. When the student completes the exam and logs out, you will login to the "Certified Proctors Only" page and click on Verification Form.
8. Fill in all fields on the form and click "submit response."
9. After the form is completed and submitted, you may simply "X" out of the page, or use the link provided to return to the NU homepage.
All NationsUniversity® degree students must successfully complete a series of proctored examinations administered in accordance with NU policies and procedures.
Only Certified proctors can administer these comprehensive exams. For undergraduate students, the Proctored Comprehensive Exams (PCE) will be taken upon completion of BRS 3, BRS 19, BRS 22, and BRS 24. Students who receive transfer credit for BRS 22 and BRS 24 will be exempt from the Proctored Comprehensive Exams that follow these courses.
Graduate students will be required to take two Qualifying Proctored Comprehensive Exams following completion of M 2 and M 4. The exams are required for both the M.R.S. and M.Div. A final comprehensive exam is also required of all graduate students. The M.R.S. student shall take this exam after the completion of all course work and prior to writing the Capstone Essays. The M.Div. student shall take the exam after the completion of all course work and prior to M 17 Research and Writing.
Students are responsible for selecting a potential proctor. Roommates, fellow students, friends, spouse, or other family members are not candidates for proctors. A certified proctor is someone who has agreed to uphold a standard or code of ethics and has been approved by NU. Professionals who are government officials, military personnel, public, college or prison librarians, prison educational department employees, human resource personnel, guidance counselors, lawyers, teachers, and clergy will be considered.
Prospective proctors apply online after reading the information found on our home page (www.nationsu.org) under "Proctor Information."
Determining if student is qualified to take the CPE:
PCE-1 following BRS 3
Student will have completed BRS 16.6, BRS 1, BRS 2, and BRS 3 with scores of 70 or above.
PCE-2 following BRS 19
PCE-3 following BRS 22
PCE-4 following BRS 24
Graduate PCE-1 following M 2
Graduate PCE-2 following M 4
(Current as of January 1, 2014)