NationsUniversity makes available two sets of courses. One set is credit-bearing and leads to a degree. The other set is non-credit bearing and is available to all online students.
Students pay $960 annually and can enroll in as many courses as they are capable of successfully completing during that a 12 month period. The annual tuition of $960 per year applies to all non-incarcerated students residing in the United States and in 25 nations (see list of nations below). NU also charges a one-time registration fee of $25, applicable to all who reside within the United States and in 24 other nations (whether degree seeking or not). All fees are due at the time of registration. However, a payment plan can be arranged for the annual tuition.
Annual tuition is assessed on the anniversary of a student's initial registration. Tuition and fees are set by the NU Board of Regents and are subject to change, but the changes will affect the student only on the anniversary of his/her registration.
Payments may be made by personal check, money order, or credit card, using the online link provided on NU's home page.
For students in the 25 nations, comprehensive exams may not be scheduled until financial obligations are satisfied. Neither can academic awards or transcripts be provided.
Fees and Tuition Policy--This policy begins January 1, 2017
1. Registration Fee. A one-time initial registration fee of $25 shall apply to all new U.S. students, and shall become applicable to new students in the other countries listed below who register after December 31, 2015
2. Technology Fee. An annual Technology Fee of $480 shall apply to U.S non-incarcerated students whose initial registration occurred before January 1, 2016, and shall continue until they complete the program in which they were enrolled as of December 31, 2015. If such students enroll in another program after December 31, 2015, the annual Tuition charge shall apply to any such additional program enrollment.
3. Tuition. An annual tuition charge of $960 per year shall apply to students whose registration codes are those of the 25 developed countries (below) identified by the Board of Regents. If a territory belonging to one of these 25 countries has an internationally recognized ID code that is different from its parent country, the tuition does not apply. This tuition fee covers as many courses as a student can complete within a twelve-month period (an Academic Year) beginning from the date of student's registration, and upon any subsequent anniversary date thereafter.
|Denmark||Ireland||Netherlands||South Korea||United States
Exceptions: The tuition charge is waived for students incarcerated in the U.S., or residing in any country not listed above.
3a. Minimum Tuition Obligation. The minimum tuition obligation ("amount due) is $80 per month from the date of registration, and is non-refundable. If a registered student who is paying in monthly installments decides to suspend his participation in NationsUniversity studies, he should notify his student advisor immediately so that the accrual of tuition obligation can be stopped, and his financial account made inactive.
3b. Admittance to a degree program. A minimum tuition payment of $160 is required before a student is admitted to a degree program: $80 of which is required before the process of acquiring credentials is begun, and an additional $80 when credentials have been approved. These are non-refundable payments.
4. Discounted Groups. Students who are incarcerated in the U.S. shall not be required to pay Tuition. Students residing in any country not listed above shall not be required to pay either a Registration Fee or Tuition.
5. Failure to pay. NationsUniversity recognizes two categories of students:
a. Track 1: Those enrolled in a degree program. Students in Track 1 will have full access to all NU services, and after meeting all academic and financial requirements, will be awarded the appropriate degree. Students who are not current in their payment obligations shall not be allowed to take comprehensive exams, receive academic awards, or be provided with transcripts.
b. Track 2: Those studying simply for personal enrichment. These students are expected to pay the same registration and tuition fees as required of other students; however, failure to do so will not bar access to online courses and exams. However, these students shall not receive any support from NU faculty or student advisors, nor be eligible for any academic awards.
(Note: The two-track concept is provided in order to meet the NU two-fold objective of (1) building faith and (2) training Christian leaders around the world.)
6. Installment payments. For students unable to pay the full tuition upon enrollment, installment payments may be made on any schedule convenient to the student, but at a rate no less than $80 per month.
7. Inactivity. Should a student become inactive for twelve or more months, no additional tuition will be due for that period, and the beginning of his/her Academic Year shall be reset to the date they may again become active. In such cases, the then current tuition rate shall apply.
8. Loans and Scholarships. In order to minimize administrative costs and keep tuition as low as possible, the University does not participate in, or accept funds from any state or federal financial aid programs, including loans, grants or scholarships. This paragraph prohibits the creation of prepaid tuition accounts in which students or others associated with a student make payments toward tuition prior to registration.
9. Cancellation and Refunds
If at any time a student decides to cancel his registration in NationsUniversity, the notice may be conveyed in any written manner. All such communications should be recorded and kept on file to substantiate the writing of refund checks. Amounts to be refunded shall be as calculated below, and paid within 30 days of receiving the request.
a. Registration Fees “ Registration fees are non-refundable, but shall be refunded if request is made within five days following registration.
b. Tuition “ After the five-day cooling off period, if the student cancels after completing at least one lesson assignment but less than 50 percent of course assignments, the institution may retain the nonrefundable fee (registration fee) plus a percentage of the amount of tuition due, which shall not exceed the following:
- Up to and including 10 percent of the course: 10 percent of the refundable fee (fee charges remaining after subtracting the nonrefundable fee already retained).
- Between 11 percent and 25 percent of the course: 25 percent of the refundable fee.
- Between 26 percent and 50 percent of the course: 50 percent of the refundable fee.
- After the student completes more than half the course, the institution shall be entitled to retain the entire total course fee
c. Records “ When refunds are made, the date, check number, and amount of refund shall be entered in the student's CMS file.
10. Public Notice on Website
The following information regarding refunds shall be posted on the NationsUniversity website:
All advance payments on the behalf of a student are refundable within the limits cited below. Refunds are payable by check only and will not be charged back to a credit card. All money due will be refunded within 30 days of the date of the request.
A full refund will be given in the event that one of the following occurs:
- If the student is not conditionally or fully accepted into a degree program by the University;
- It is determined by a state authority or accrediting agency that the enrollment of the student was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school or representations by the owners or representatives of the school; or
- If a course of instruction is discontinued by the school and this, for a valid reason, prevents the student from completing the program.
Note: transcript fees are non-refundable.
Course Enrollment Cancellation or Withdrawal Refund
Enrollment in a degree program may be cancelled any time after the execution of an enrollment agreement through the first 5 days. After the five-day cooling off period, if the student cancels after completing at least one lesson assignment but less than 50 percent of course assignments, the institution may retain the nonrefundable fee (registration fee) plus a percentage of any prepaid tuition, which shall not exceed the following:
- Up to and including 10 percent of the course: 10 percent of the prepaid tuition (fee charges remaining after subtracting the nonrefundable fee already retained).
- Between 11 percent and 25 percent of the course: 25 percent of any prepaid tuition.
- Between 26 percent and 50 percent of the course: 50 percent of any prepaid tuition.
- After the student completes more than half the course, the institution shall be entitled to retain the entire amount of any prepaid tuition.
Students Called to Active Military Service
A student of NationsUniversity who withdraws from the University as a result of being called to active duty in a military service of the United States or their State National Guard and is unable to continue his studies may, upon request, receive a full refund of technology fees paid.
Please, if you have not registered with NU click the Register button before paying any fees or tuition.